Are you interested in representing CaptiveAire and selling our products?
Please fill out the following form, and we will contact you soon.
Heat Pump Information
DX Coil Information
- Center of Mass Calculator
- Comprehensive Supply Fan Information
- Cooling Formulas
- Cooling Process on the Psychrometric Chart
- Design Conditions by Location
- Frequently Asked MPU Questions
- Modular Packaged Unit Components
- MUA Cooling Application Map
- Operation & Installation Manual
- Operation & Installation Manual (Spanish)
- MSC Operation & Installation Manual
- Psychrometric Chart
- Thermal Expansion Valve Installation
- Submittal Drawings
- MPU Spec Sheets
- Written Specifications
Click on the image below to view:
This certification mark indicates that the product has been tested to and has met the minimum requirements of a widely recognized (consensus) U.S. and Canadian products safety standard, that the manufacturing site has been audited, and that the applicant has agreed to a program of periodic factory follow-up inspections to verify continued performance.
The MPU for Direct Fired Heaters, Electric Heaters, Indirect Fired Heaters and Untempered Units are ETL listed under file number 100746688COL-001 and comply with UL 1995 and CSA C22.2#236-05.
The MPU for Recirculating Direct Fired Heaters is ETL listed under file number 100746688COL-002 and complies with UL 1995.
Sensible Cooling + Efficient Heating
The Modular Packaged Unit (MPU) is designed to be a factory packaged air conditioning and heating unit for 100% Outdoor Air (OA) applications. Units are sized to operate between 360 to 600 cfm/ton of cooling, depending on climate.
- Direct Fired Heat with Cooling Package
- Indirect Fired Heat with Cooling Package
- Electric Heat with Cooling Package
- Heat Pump Option - Ideal for small heating needs and where gas is not available
- Cooling Only Configurations
- AC Option - Sized for 150-300 CFM/ton of Cooling
- AC Option with Warm Liquid Reheat - Sized for 150-300 CFM/ton of Cooling and Dehumidification
Standard Features & Benefits
- High Efficiency Nominal 14 SEER Rating Condensers
- Integral Cooling Staged Thermostat
- Multiple Stage cooling for lower energy usage
- Pre-Piped and Charged Refrigeration Circuits
- Optimized for 100% OA for kitchen use
- Cooling requires no additional roof footprint
- Coils and Condensers sized to comfort cool make-up air
- R-410A Environmentally Friendly Refrigerant
- Thermal Expansion Valves and Filter/Dryer Kits
- External Equalization Lines for Thermal Expansion Valves
- Hard Start Relay Kits on the Condensers
- Condenser Disconnect Switch
- Vacuum Tested and Leak Checked Lineset/Coils
- Condenser Transformer Prewired
- Thermostat Prewired and Interlocked with Heater
- Integral Weather/Hail Guards
Optimized for high efficiency
The modular packaged cooling unit is optimized to work in conjunction with highly efficient make-up air delivery methods, such as perimeter supply plenums. The unit can either have a down or end discharge, and can be used with both electric and gas heat. All refrigerant is environmentally friendly R-410A and condensers have a nominal SEER rating of 14 for greater efficiency.
One benefit of this unit is the multiple cooling stages. Multiple cooling stages increase the efficiency by not using 100% of the cooling capacity when this is not needed, thus allowing lower energy usage. An internal make-up air cooling thermostat automatically energizes the first stage when cooling of the make-up air is required. The same thermostat has a built in adjustable differential to energize the second stage of cooling when required.
The condensers are top mounted on the make-up air unit to minimize roof space requirements, and are situated for optimal airflow and serviceability.